The definitions in this Agreement are set out in clause 19.
- Parties to the Agreement
This Agreement is between Live Graphic Systems Pty Ltd (ABN: 38 616 093 237), its successors and assignees, (referred to as we, us or our), and you, our client (referred to as you or your), and collectively the Parties.
You have requested our SaaS Services. You agree and accept that these terms and conditions, form the agreement under which we will supply the SaaS Services to you (Agreement).
- You accept this Agreement by confirming acceptance via the platforms or applications through which we provide this Agreement to you, including our urls, websites and mobile apps; or clicking a box indicating acceptance.
- By accepting this Agreement, creating an Account and/or accessing and/or using the SaaS Services, you:
- warrant to us that you have reviewed this Agreement;
- warrant to us that you have the legal capacity to enter into a legally binding agreement;
- warrant to us that you have the authority to act on behalf of any person or entity for whom you are using the SaaS Services, and you are deemed to have agreed to this Agreement on behalf of any entity for whom you use the SaaS Services;
- warrant to us that you have all hardware, software and services which are necessary to access and use the SaaS Services (other than that being provided by us under this Agreement); and
- agree to use the SaaS Services in accordance with this Agreement.
- Agreement Commencement Date
This Agreement starts on the Agreement Commencement Date and continues until the date on which your Account is terminated in accordance with this Agreement (Agreement Term).
- Set Up Service and Accounts (if applicable)
- If Set-up Service is provided
- As part of the Set Up Service, we will create an account for you (Account), in order for you and your Authorised Users to access and use the SaaS Services. You must ensure that any information you provide to us, or we request from you as part of the setup process is complete and accurate.
- We will provide you with certain Account details (such as usernames and passwords) when we create an Account for you. It is your responsibility to keep your Account details confidential. You are responsible for all activity on your Account, including activity by Authorised Users and for ensuring that any activities on your Account comply with this Agreement.
- You agree that we are a software as a service provider and we are not responsible for the management or administration of your Account.
- SaaS Licence
In consideration for payment of the Fees, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable (except with our written permission), non-sublicensable (except as otherwise permitted under this Agreement), personal and revocable licence to access and use the SaaS Services for business purposes (SaaS Licence).
- Authorised Users
You agree that the SaaS Licence permits you to access and use the SaaS Services in accordance with the number of Authorised Users.
- Increasing Authorised Users
You may, at any time during the Agreement Term, increase the number of Authorised Users by requesting by email and we will apply new fees (and support fees if relevant) which will be applicable as of the effective date of the increase of the number of Authorised Users.
- SaaS Licence Restrictions
You must not (and must ensure your Authorised Users do not) access or use the SaaS Services except as permitted by the SaaS Licence and you must not and must not permit any other person to:
- use the SaaS Services in any way which is in breach of any applicable Laws or which infringes any person's rights, including Intellectual Property rights;
- use the SaaS Services to transmit, publish or communicate material that is defamatory, offensive, abusive, indecent, menacing or unwanted;
- use the SaaS Services in any way that damages, interferes with or interrupts the supply of the SaaS Services;
- introduce malicious programs into our hardware and software or Systems, including viruses, worms, trojan horses and e-mail bombs;
- reveal your Account’s password to others or allow others to use your Account (other than Authorised Users);
- use the SaaS Services to carry out security breaches or disruptions of a network. Security breaches include accessing data where you are not the intended recipient or logging into a server or account that you are not expressly authorised to access or corrupting any data (including network sniffing/monitoring, pinged floods, packet spoofing, denial of service and forged routing information for malicious purposes);
- use any program/script/command, or send messages of any kind, with the intent to interfere with, or disable, any person’s use of the SaaS Services;
- to send any form of harassment via email, or any other form of messaging, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages or use the SaaS Services in breach of any person’s privacy (such as by way of identity theft or “phishing”); or
- use the SaaS Services to circumvent user authentication or security of any of your networks, accounts or hosts or those of your members or suppliers.
- Your obligations
In order for us to provide the Saas Services, you must promptly obtain and provide to us any required licenses, approvals or consents necessary for our performance of the SaaS Services.
- Third Parties
- Third Party Inputs
You acknowledge and agree that:
- the provision of the SaaS Services may be contingent on, or impacted by, third parties, other customers’ use of our services, suppliers, other subcontractors (Third Party Inputs); and
- despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible and will have no Liability, for any default or breach of this Agreement or law, if such default or breach was caused or contributed to by any Third Party Inputs.
- Interoperability with Third Party Inputs
- You acknowledge that the SaaS Services include certain optional functionality that may interface or interoperate with third party software or services.
- To the extent that you choose to use such functionality and they are not a part of the Saas Services, you are responsible for:
- the purchase of;
- the ancillary requirements related to; and
- the licensing obligations,
related to the applicable third party software and services.
- It is your reasonability to ensure the requirements are met in order for you to benefit from the specific functionality made available to you.
This clause will survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- Development Services
If, during the Agreement Term, you require any changes to the scope, functionality or nature of the SaaS Services or the elements of the Software used to provide the SaaS Services or any bespoke customisations to the SaaS Services, you must notify us of the changes you require.
Following notification, at our discretion, we may provide you with written notice in the form of a statement of work covering:
- the changes required to the SaaS Services the development services required in respect of such changes (Development Services); and
- the fee for required for us to undertake such Development Services (Development Fee).
- Statement of Work for the Development Services
If you agree to the changes to the SaaS Services, the Development Services and the Development Fee then, subject to the Parties signing a statement of work and this Agreement, we will provide the Development Services to you in consideration for payment of the Development Fee.
- Support Services
During the Agreement Term, we will provide you with technical support services as set out on the Site.
- Rightsholder information
- Access to rightsholders
The Parties acknowledge that during the provision of the SaaS Services by us, we will require access to and information from the Rightsholders in order to perform our obligations under this Agreement.
- Your assistance
You must provide to us:
- the current contact details for the Rightsholders and the Rightsholder’s personnel; and
- all information, documentation, logos, and any other information required to perform our obligations under this Agreement as it relates to the Rightsholders; and
- [insert anything else]
- Rightsholder’s contact
You acknowledge and agree that in order to provide the SaaS Services we may need to communicate directly with the Rightsholders and without your prior consent. Should this occur we will as soon as reasonably practicable, advise you of the contents of our communications with the Rightsholders.[LegalVision Note: Luke not sure if you need this for your online version.]
- Privacy Act
We will at all times comply with the Privacy Act, and in relation to Data that contains or is Personal Information, we will only use this Data in the manner permitted by this Agreement and the Privacy Act
- Your obligations
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for the collection, use, storage and otherwise dealing with Personal Information related to your business and all matters relating to the Data.
- You will comply and ensure that all of your Personnel and Authorised Users comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act in respect of all Personal Information collected, used, stored or otherwise dealt with under or in connection with this Agreement.
- Without limiting this clause 10, you must:
- notify your Authorised Users, Personnel, or other natural persons from whom Personal Information is collected about any matter prescribed by the Privacy Act in relation to the collection, use and storage of their Personal Information;
- ensure that any Personal Information transferred to us is complete, accurate and up to date; and
- notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of the Privacy Act that may be related to the use of the Personal Information under this Agreement.
- Without limiting this clause 10, you may only disclose Personal Information in your control to us if:
- you are authorised by the Privacy Act to collect the Personal Information and to use or disclose it in the manner required by this Agreement;
- you have informed the individual to whom the Personal Information relates, that it might be necessary for you to disclose their Personal Information to third parties and you have obtained their consent to do so; and
- where any Personal Information is Sensitive Information, you have obtained the specific consent to that disclosure from the individual to whom the Sensitive Information relates.
- Our warranties
We warrant and agree that:
- we are properly constituted and have the right and authority to enter into this Agreement;
- we will provide the SaaS Services in accordance with all applicable Laws;
- we will use reasonable effort to ensure all of our obligations under this Agreement will be carried out:
- by suitably competent and trained Personnel; and
- in an efficient and professional manner.
- Your warranties
You warrant and agree that:
- there are no legal restrictions preventing you from agreeing to this Agreement;
- you are not subject to an Insolvency Event;
- you will cooperate with us and provide us with all assistance, resources, data, people, information, facilities, access and documentation that is reasonably necessary to enable us to perform the SaaS Services, and as otherwise requested by us, from time to time, and in a timely manner;
- all information and documentation that you provide to us in connection with this Agreement is true, correct and complete and you acknowledge and agree that we will rely on such information and documentation in order to provide the SaaS Services;
- you will inform us if you have reasonable concerns relating to our provision of SaaS Services under this Agreement, with the aim that the Parties will use all reasonable efforts to resolve your concerns;
- you are responsible for obtaining any consents, licences, authorities and permissions from other parties necessary for the SaaS Services to be provided in accordance with this Agreement, at your cost, and for providing us with the necessary consents, licences, authorities and permissions;
- you will maintain the confidentiality and security of any of your Account details or passwords;
- if applicable, you hold a valid ABN which has been advised to us; and
- if applicable, you are registered for GST purposes.
You must pay us any Fees and any other amounts payable to us under this Agreement in accordance with the Payment Terms. Any payments of Fees are non-refundable.
- Failure to pay Fees
If any payment has not been made in accordance with the Payment Terms we may (in our absolute discretion):
- immediately cease providing the SaaS Services to you or suspend the provision of the SaaS Services, and recover as a debt due and immediately payable from you any additional costs of doing so;
- charge interest at a rate equal to the Reserve Bank of Australia’s cash rate from time to time plus 5% per month, calculated daily and compounding monthly, on any such amounts unpaid after the due date; and
- engage debt collection services and/or commence legal proceedings in relation to any such amounts.
- Recommencement of services
If you rectify such non-payment after the SaaS Services have been suspended, then we will recommence the provision of the SaaS Services as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Payment Terms
You must pay us the Fee and any other amount payable to us under these Agreement Terms, without set off or delay, via credit card or any other payment method set out on the Site.
All Fees exclude GST. You are responsible for all taxes, levies or duties imposed by taxing authorities in your own country, and you will be responsible for payment of them. We have no responsibility for them on your behalf.
The Fee is subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from us to you and will apply to the next billing cycle. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes on our Site, via email or via a notification to your Account.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Our Intellectual Property
All Intellectual Property in the Software and SaaS Services and that Intellectual Property developed, adapted, modified or created by us or our Personnel (including in connection with this Agreement, the Software and the SaaS Services and any machine learning algorithms output from the SaaS Services) is and will remain owned exclusively by us or our third party service providers.
You must not, without our prior written consent:
- copy or use, in whole or in part, any of our Intellectual Property;
- reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any of our Intellectual Property to any third party;
- reverse assemble, reverse engineer, reverse compile or enhance the SaaS Services;
- breach any Intellectual Property Rights connected with the Software or the SaaS Services, including altering or modifying any of our Intellectual Property;
- cause any of any of our Intellectual Property to be framed or embedded in another website; or creating derivative works from any of our Intellectual Property;
- resell, assign, transfer, distribute or make available the SaaS Services to third parties;
- “frame”, “mirror” or serve any of the SaaS Services on any web server or other computer server over the Internet or any other network;
- alter, remove or tamper with any trademarks, any patent or copyright notices, any confidentiality legend or notice, any numbers or any other means of identification used on or in relation to the SaaS Services or Software;
- Non-Identifying Analytics
Despite anything to the contrary in this Agreement or elsewhere, we may monitor, analyse and compile statistical and performance information based on and/or related to your use of the SaaS Services, in an aggregated and anonymized format (Analytics). You agree that we may make such Analytics publicly available, provided that it:
- does not contain identifying information;
- is not compiled using a sample size small enough to make the underlying data identifiable.
- Rights in Analytics
We and/or our licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Analytics and all related software, technology, documentation and content provided in connection with the Analytics, including all Intellectual Property rights in the foregoing.
- Your Intellectual Property
As between you and us:
- all Data is and remains your property; and
- you retain any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Data, including all copies, modifications, extensions and derivative works thereof.
You grant us a limited licence to copy, transmit, store and back-up or otherwise access the Data during the Agreement Term solely to:
- supply the SaaS Services to you (including to enable you and your Personnel to access and use the SaaS Services);
- diagnose problems with the SaaS Services;
- enhance and otherwise modify the SaaS Services;
- develop other services, provided we de-identify the Data; and
- as reasonably required to perform our obligations under this Agreement.
- Your Data and compliance
- You must, at all times, ensure the integrity of the Data and that your use of the Data is compliant with all Laws.
- You represent and warrant that:
- you have obtained all necessary rights, releases and permissions to provide all your Data to us and to grant the rights granted to us in this Agreement; and
- the Data and its transfer to and use by us, as authorised by you under this Agreement do not violate any Laws (including those relating to export control and electronic communications) or rights of any third party, including any Intellectual Property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of publicity; and
- any use, collection and disclosure authorised in this Agreement is not inconsistent with the terms of any applicable privacy policies.
We assume no responsibility or Liability for the Data. You are solely responsible for the Data and the consequences of using, disclosing, storing or transmitting it.
This clause will survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- Confidential Information
Each Party (Recipient) must keep confidential, and not disclose, any Confidential Information of the other party (Discloser) except:
- where permitted by this Agreement;
- with the prior written consent of the Discloser;
- where the Confidential Information is received from a third party, except where there has been a breach of confidence;
- on a confidential, “needs to know” basis to the Recipient’s Personnel, auditors, insurers, agents and professional advisors; or
- where the Recipient is compelled to do so by Law, provided that it gives the other party written notice prior to disclosure.
The Recipient must only use the Confidential Information of the Discloser for the purpose for which it was disclosed and in connection with this Agreement.
This clause will survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- Our Liability
Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law:
- our maximum aggregate Liability arising from or in connection with this Agreement (including the SaaS Services or the subject matter of this Agreement) will be limited to, and must not exceed in the aggregate for all claims the total amount of Fees you paid to us in the 12 month period directly preceding the date on which such Liability arose; and
- we will not be liable to you for any Consequential Loss,
whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise.
- Exclusions to Liability
Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will have no Liability, and you waive and release us from and against, all Liability (whether under statute, contract, negligence or other tort, indemnity, or otherwise) arising from or in connection with any:
- loss of, or damage to, any property or any injury to or loss to any person;
- failure or delay in providing the SaaS Services;
- breach of this Agreement or any Laws; or
- the Computing Environment,
where caused or contributed to by any:
- Force Majeure Event;
- a fault, defect, error or omission in your Computing Environment or Data; or
- act or omission of you, your related parties, Authorised Users, Personnel or any third party (including customers, end users, suppliers, providers or subcontractors),
and, in any event, any error, omission or lack of suitability (or the absence of, or reduction in, any anticipated result, outcome or benefit) with respect to the SaaS Services.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you indemnify and continue to indemnify us against all Liability we suffer or incur arising from or as a consequence of a breach of clause 9 (Privacy), clause 13 (Intellectual Property) , clause 13 (Confidentiality) and your Authorised Users’ use of the SaaS Services contrary to this Agreement, including from any claim relating to the Data.
Certain legislation, including the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), and similar consumer protection laws and regulations may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees and remedies relating to our provision of our services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (Statutory Rights). Nothing in this Agreement attempts to exclude, restrict or modify your Statutory Rights as a consumer under the ACL. Any and all other warranties or conditions which are not guaranteed by the ACL are expressly excluded where permitted, except to the extent such warranties and conditions are fully expressed in this Agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- you are responsible for all users using the SaaS Services, including your Personnel and any Authorised Users;
- you use the SaaS Services and any associated programs and files at your own risk;
- the technical processing and transmission of the SaaS Services, including your Data, may be transferred unencrypted and involve:
- transmissions over various networks; and
- changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices;
- we may use third party service providers to host the SaaS Services. If the providers of third party applications or services cease to make their services or programs available on reasonable terms, we may cease providing any affected features without Liability or entitling you to any refund, credit, or other compensatio;
- the SaaS Services may use third party products, facilities or services. We do not make any warranty or representation in respect of the third party products, facilities or services;
- we do not guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via the SaaS Services is free from viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with Data, hardware or software with which it might be used;
- we are not responsible for the integrity or existence of any Data on the Computing Environment, network or any device controlled by you or your Authorised Users; and
- we may pursue any available equitable or other remedies against you if you breach any provision of this Agreement.
This clause will survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- Mutual Termination
- You may terminate this Agreement by giving us [Insert ] notice by:
- cancelling your Account via your Account management dashboard; or
- creating the appropriate support ticket within the help desk section of the Site; or
- emailing our support staff [LegalVision Note: Luke just some examples, let us know how you would like to manage it.;
- We may terminate this Agreement on [Insert ] notice to you.
- Termination for cause of the Agreement
To the extent permitted by law, either Party may terminate this Agreement if the other Party:
- has breached a material term of this Agreement and has failed to remedy such breach within 20 Business Days of receiving notice to do so, subject to any other express right of termination;
- ceases operation without a successor; or
- is subject to an Insolvency Event.
- Termination for failure to pay
We may terminate this Agreement by providing you with five Business Days’ notice, in our sole discretion, if you fail to pay an invoice within 30 days of the invoice payment date or you are unable to pay your debts as they fall due.
- Effect of termination
On termination of this Agreement:
- you must cease using the SaaS Services and we will cease to provide the SaaS Services;
- you agree that any payments made are not refundable to you;
- you must pay for all SaaS Services provided under the Agreement including SaaS Services which have been performed and have not yet been invoiced to you, and all other amounts due and payable under this Agreement, including under an indemnity, within 5 Business Days of termination;
- you agree to promptly return (where possible) or delete or destroy (where not possible to return), our Confidential Information and Intellectual Property, and/or documents containing or relating to our Confidential Information and Intellectual Property;
- we agree to promptly return (where possible) or delete or destroy (where not possible to return), your Confidential Information and Intellectual Property, and/or documents containing or relating to your Confidential Information and Intellectual Property unless we are required by Law or regulatory requirements to retain such information.
- Remove your data
You must, within one month of the date of termination or expiry of this Agreement, copy all your Data on the SaaS Services and we will allow you access to the SaaS Services during this time solely for the purposes of such copy. After this time, we will be entitled to permanently delete all Data on the SaaS Services.
- Disengagement services
On termination of this Agreement, we may offer to provide you with dis-engagement support services at our then current rates, such dis-engagement support services to be agreed in writing by the Parties.
- Accrued rights
The accrued rights, obligations and remedies of the Parties are not affected by the termination of this Agreement.
This clause will survive the termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- No Exclusivity
The SaaS Services will be provided to you on a non-exclusive basis.
- Feature sets
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to change or remove features of the SaaS Services provided that, where there is any material negative alteration to the functionality of the SaaS Services in accordance with this clause, we will provide you with 20 Business Days’ notice and you may terminate this Agreement by written notice without Liability to us.
- Taxable supply: If GST is payable on any supply made under this Agreement, the recipient of the supply must pay an amount equal to the GST payable on the supply. That amount must be paid at the same time that the consideration is to be provided under this Agreement and must be paid in addition to the consideration expressed elsewhere in this Agreement, unless it is expressed to be inclusive of GST. The recipient is not required to pay any GST until the supplier issues a tax invoice for the supply.
- Adjustment events: If an adjustment event arises in respect of any supply made under this Agreement, a corresponding adjustment must be made between the supplier and the recipient in respect of any amount paid by the recipient under this clause, an adjustment note issued (if required), and any payments to give effect to the adjustment must be made.
- Payments: If the recipient is required under this Agreement to pay for or reimburse an expense or outgoing of the supplier, or is required to make a payment under an indemnity in respect of an expense or outgoing of the supplier, the amount to be paid by the recipient is to be reduced by the amount of any input tax credit in respect of that expense or outgoing that the supplier is entitled to.
- GST terminology: The terms “adjustment event”, “consideration”, “GST”, “input tax credit”, “recipient”, “supplier”, “supply”, “taxable supply” and “tax invoice” each has the meaning given in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth).
We may engage subcontractors to perform the SaaS Services on our behalf.
With your and/or the Rightholders’ prior written consent, we may use advertising or publicly announce that we have undertaken work for you and/or the Rightsholders, including in website testimonials and in our marketing material.
- Disputes and notices
- Neither Party may commence court proceedings relating to any dispute arising from, or in connection with, this Agreement without first meeting with a senior representative of the other Party to seek (in good faith) to resolve that dispute (unless that Party is seeking urgent interlocutory relief or the dispute relates to compliance with this provision).
- Any notice required or permitted to be given by either Party to the other under these conditions will be in writing addressed to the Party at the address on the Site. A Party may change its notice details by written notice to the other Parties. Any notice may be sent by standard post or email, and notice will be deemed to have been served on the expiry of 48 hours in the case of post, or at the time of transmission in the case of transmission.
- Force Majeure and Delay
- If the provision of the Set Up Services or other SaaS Services depends upon or includes the provision of information, materials, consents or approvals by you or your Personnel, or requires your cooperation, action or response (or that of your Personnel), you must provide that information, cooperation and those materials, consents or approvals in a timely manner. If you breach this obligation, we will be entitled to an extension of time in respect any deadline or milestone to the extent of the delay caused by you and we will have no Liability for a failure to perform the SaaS Services caused by you.
- If we are delayed from performing our obligations due to such a circumstance for a period of at least two months, we may terminate our agreement with you by giving you five Business Days' notice in writing.
- Waiver and Relationship of the Parties
- Any failure or delay by a Party in exercising a power or right (either wholly or partly) in relation to this Agreement does not operate as a waiver or prevent a Party from exercising that power or right or any other power or right. A waiver must be in writing.
- This Agreement are not intended to create a partnership, joint venture or agency relationship between the Parties. Nothing in this Agreement gives a Party authority to bind the other Party in any way.
- Severance, Assignment and entire agreement
- If a provision of this Agreement is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision is to be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable, failing which, that provision (or that part of that provision) will be severed from this Agreement without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions.
- Neither Party may assign, transfer or otherwise deal with all or any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other Party. Any purported dealing in breach of this clause is of no force or effect.
- This Agreement contains the entire understanding between the Parties, and supersedes all previous discussions, communications, negotiations, understandings, representations, warranties, commitments and agreements, in respect of its subject matter.
- Amendment, Counterparts, Governing Law and overseas access
- This Agreement may only be amended by written instrument executed by both Parties.
- This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts that together will form one instrument.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in New South Wales and any courts entitled to hear appeals from those courts and waive any rights to object to proceedings being brought in those courts.
- The SaaS Services may be accessed in Australia and overseas. We make no representation that the SaaS Services complies with the laws (including Intellectual Property laws) of any country outside of Australia. If you access the SaaS Services from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place you access the SaaS Services.
This clause will survive termination or expiry of this Agreement.
- Definitions and interpretation
The following words will mean:
ACL is defined in clause 16.3;
Account is defined in clause 3.1(a);
Agreement means this agreement.
Agreement Commencement Date means the date you accept the Agreement in accordance with clause 1.4.
Agreement Term is defined in clause 2.1.
Analytics is defined in clause 14.3.
Authorised User means a user permitted to use the SaaS Services;
Business Day means a day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or bank or public holiday in New South Wales.
Business Hours means 9 am to 5 pm on a Business Day;
Computing Environment means your computing environment including all hardware, software, information technology and telecommunications services and Systems;
Confidential Information includes confidential information about a Party’s business, structure, programs, processes, methods, operating procedures, activities, products and services, trade secrets, know-how, financial, accounting, marketing and technical information, customer and supplier lists (including prospective customer and supplier information), ideas, concepts, know-how, Intellectual Property, technology, and other information whether or not such information is reduced to a tangible form or marked in writing as "confidential" but does not include any information which is in the public domain other than through a breach of confidence. Our Confidential Information includes our Intellectual Property including the Software. Your Confidential Information includes the Data;
Consequential Loss includes any indirect, incidental or consequential loss, loss of profits, revenue, production, opportunity, access to markets, goodwill, reputation, use or any remote, abnormal or unforeseeable loss, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of data or any loss or damage relating to business interruption, or otherwise, suffered or incurred by a person, arising out of or in connection with this Agreement (whether involving a third party or a Party to this Agreement or otherwise).
Data means the information, logos, documents and other data inputted by you, your Personnel or Authorised Users into the Software or stored by the SaaS Services or generated by the SaaS Services as a result of your use of the SaaS Services.
Development Fee is defined in clause 7.1;
Development Services is defined in clause 7.1;
Fees means the fees set out on the Site, including and any Development Fee;
Force Majeure Event means an event which is beyond a Party's reasonable control including a fire, storm, flood, earthquake, explosion, accident, act of the public enemy, terrorist act, war, rebellion, insurrection, sabotage, epidemic, quarantine restriction, transportation embargo, and strike by employees of a third person;
Insolvency Event means the occurrence of any one or more of the following events in relation to either Party:
- it is or states that it is insolvent or is deemed or presumed to be insolvent under any applicable laws;
- an application or order is made for its winding up, bankruptcy or dissolution or a resolution is passed or any steps are taken to pass a resolution for its winding up or dissolution;
- an administrator, provisional liquidator, liquidator or person having a similar or analogous function under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction is appointed in respect of it or any action is taken to appoint any such person and the action is not stayed, withdrawn or dismissed within 10 Business Days;
- a controller is appointed in respect of any of its property;
- it is deregistered under the Corporations Act or other legislation or notice of its proposed deregistration is given to it;
- a distress, attachment or execution is levied or becomes enforceable against it or any of its property;
- it enters into or takes action to enter into an arrangement, composition or compromise with, or assignment for the benefit of, all or any class of its creditors or members or a moratorium involving any of them;
- a receiver or manager (or both) or trustee in bankruptcy is appointed in respect of it or its property;
- a petition for the making of a sequestration order against its estate is presented and the petition is not stayed, withdrawn or dismissed within 10 Business Days or it presents a petition against itself; or
- anything analogous to or of a similar effect to anything described above under the law of any relevant jurisdiction occurs in respect of the relevant Party.
Intellectual Property includes any and all intellectual and industrial property rights throughout the world, whether subsisting now or in the future and includes all copyright and analogous rights, all rights in relation to inventions (including patent rights), registered and unregistered trademarks, designs (whether or not registered or registrable), circuit layouts, trade names, trade secrets, business names, customer names or internet domain names. Our Intellectual Property includes the Software;
Laws means acts, ordinances, regulations, rules, code and by-laws of the Commonwealth or any state or territory and includes the Privacy Act and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth);
Liability means any loss, liability, cost, payment, damages, debt or expense (including reasonable legal fees);
Party means either party to this Agreement;
Payment Terms means the payment terms as set out on the Site or as advised to you from time to time;
Personal Information is defined in the Privacy Act;
Personnel means, in relation to a Party, the officers, employees, contractors, sub-contractors and agents of that Party;
Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth);
Rightsholder means your customers and their end users (for example sporting federation’s governing bodies).
SaaS Licence is defined in clause 3.1;
SaaS Service means our Software as a service as described on the Site as amended by any Development Services and any other services provided to you under this Agreement;
Sensitive Information is defined in the Privacy Act;
Set Up Service means (if applicable) the services as described on the Site to set up your SaaS Service;
Site means [Insert ]
Software means the software used to provide any of the SaaS Services, and includes any instructions in hard copy or electronic form and any update, modification or release of any part of that software after this Agreement is entered into by the Parties;
Statutory Rights is defined in clause 16.4;
System means all hardware, software, networks and other IT systems used by a Party from time to time, including a network; and
Third Party Inputs is defined in clause 6.
In this Agreement, unless the context otherwise requires:
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- headings are for convenience only and do not affect interpretation;
- a reference to this Agreement or any other document includes the document, all schedules and all annexures as novated, amended, supplemented, varied or replaced from time to time;
- if any act which must be done under this Agreement is to be done on a day that is not a Business Day then the act must be done on or by the next Business Day;
- the word "month" means calendar month and the word "year" means 12 months;
- the words "in writing" include any communication sent by letter or email or any other form of communication capable of being read by the recipient;
- a reference to any legislation or law includes subordinate legislation or law and all amendments, consolidations, replacements or re-enactments from time to time;
- includes and similar words mean includes without limitation;
- a reference to $ or dollars refers to the currency of Australia from time to time;
- a reference to any agency or body, if that agency or body ceases to exist or is reconstituted, renamed or replaced or has its powers or functions removed (defunct body), means the agency or body that performs most closely the functions of the defunct body; and
no clause will be interpreted to the disadvantage of a Party merely because that Party drafted the clause or would otherwise benefit from it.